Wednesday 3 December 2014

Photography Courtesy PP Photography.
Warm Shades
"The beginning"
"Check Mate", said my 13 year old son to me giggling and rejoicing his victory in the game of chess. No doubt it was my victorious defeat. His smile cured me of all my heartaches, emotional set backs and traumas.The beginning has been piloted.It is said that present should not be armoured on past but strangely our past has cemented our enthusiasm to fight the battle of life to support the theory of survival for the fittest and of sustainability.
Past...time when his life was breathing on machines and all so called warm relations started showing their true colors then perceptive eye blinked, not to be opened to see coarseness but the breathing life and blossoming hope.
That every prick of needle in his flesh was an eraser of all that what was superficial and deceptive.That every swallowed fear empowered me to be what I was not...stronger and bolder....that every doctor's warnings against his life clutched me tight enough to connect my heart to his ,my hopeful mind to his and my soul to his. The 14 kg part of my flesh fought life for life to give me life...the cause of my very existence.
Tears were soaked, smiles were worn to see glimpses of smile even when he was announced to be guest of few days by the doctors.The diabolic disease stung our fear but not our faith in the powers of almighty, the one who gifted me his life as my reward...my only cause of existence.
Those who were guests and had temporary tenants of relations bid us farewell and left us,  thinking darkness would blindfold us to be existent, to be known or to be named as The Survivors. Alas! Their mission is unaccomplished, as here my reflection, my replica sits infront of me and defeats me in game of chess and comes home with title" best orator", fading away all that is bygone.
New beginning shines through branches of life and I see those tiny new and fresh leaves in life....where is then space for rusted past? Nowhere , as it never was a part of our story...my story and my son's story.

THERE FAR OFF NEAR THE LASHES OF PRESENT STAYS ONE DROPLET OF TEAR OF THANKS TO TIME WHICH TAUGHT BOTH OF US REAL MEANING OF LIFE.
Yes, the beginning that would never come to an end.

Sangeeta Sharma


No comments:

Post a Comment